Thursday, July 14, 2011

This Rabbi Goes Into a Bar WIth A frog on His Shoulder...

Good Morning Campers.
Today is the penultimate day of the workshop. Only a few people in the workshop write like that and they do it for humor, I think.

Yesterday's 11 am lecture was a hoot. The insturctor also is an actress and playwright. I can't vouch for her plays but if her acting is anything like her lecturing she is a hoot. She started the session by having class participants tell a joke. Then she used the jokes to demonstrate how drama and jokes depend on a shift in perception.

 Only complication for me was that through unforeseen circumstances I got to the lecture ten minutes late. So I missed the jokes around which the entire lecture revolved. Sort of like coming in late and missing the introductions. Then you spend the rest of the time trying to figure out what is going on and who are these people.

But it made for an even more interesting lecture. And by the end of the session I was able to guess all but one of the jokes. Someone in my afternoon class finally told me the third joke. That retelling was particularly funny, even funnier than the joke itself.  That's  because the third joke was a bit raunchy. So as I was sittign with my afternoon class asking about the third joke, several people offered to  retell the joke. As one person told a part of the joke they stopped and suggested someone else finish it. Finally  all but the pucnh line had been told but no one would finish the joke. The woman sitting next to me agreed to whisper the punch line to me. Obviously I should have gone out for a drink with my class and they would all have been shouting in competition to tell the joke.

BTW the joke was not all that funny but at least now the lecture made a little more sense. However if i get five comments on this post I will write the joke on tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment