Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Monday and Tuesday went by at warp speed. Seemed like only one day at most had passed. Between "Eleventh Hour" lectures on how to write a novel so compelling your readers lose themselves in it to unique methods for penning a memoir, class time spent in analysis of my and other students' manuscripts, and readings by published authors, the first two days have been crowded with activities. Hardly time to fit in the inspirational sessions of students palling around in coffee shops, bars and such. But where there is a will there is a way.

Despite the outward appearance of diversity in the student body there is a remarkable kinship amongst us. We all have a story or more we wish to tell in a written document. Several of the students have lived their story over the last twenty or more years, some in exotic locations. and the need to tell the tale in a fictionalized form, in some cases because  the truth is too strange almost to be believable. of hte twelve classmates in my novel writing session I want to read the rest of each of their stories.

I now have my one-on-one session with our instructor so need to sign off. I hope someone is looking forward to hearing the stories I have yet to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment