Friday, July 29, 2011

Krugman's Right: Tipping So Far to the Right Is Wrong

Time to take a stand on the nonsense that passes for government and news in this country of late.  

I am firmly of the opinion that Paul Krugman in today’s NY Times says it all. 

Just because the Tea Party Republican nut jobs are calling black white and up down does not make it so.  It’s time to do a reality check.

Like most people, I have been busy with daily life; I had a sinus infection and then vertigo. I treated myself to a manicure. Now that I am back to feeling good I am going to exercise classes and working on my novel.  I have many excuses to stick my head in the sand and not say anything. But Americans need to speak out for sanity and what kind of nation we want to be.

The debt ceiling crisis. The talking heads, the Internet news, and even most of the print media coverage of the crisis are driving most of the US population bananas.  We sent our elected representatives to D.C. to get the business of government done, not to act like children in a sandbox squabble.
If we really think our system of government is so great let’s demand that our elected representatives get their acts together and do something that is in the public interest. And that is not to lean so far to the radical right that we blow up our and the world’s financial system.

No comments:

Post a Comment