Sunday, January 22, 2012

Resolution Results--Week 3

This is the third week of January.  And how am I doing?  Not all that great.

I am still late about half the time.  I have not gotten rid of any more clutter, beyond the half closet I cleaned out a week ago.  And today I see the scale is saying I have gained back the pound and a half, plus another half pound, I lost the first week.

On the positive side I am still trying to keep up with the resolutions.  I am more conscious of my time.  So I am not as late as before the resolutions. 

There has not been time—and I have not had the energy or inclination to do anything more about clutter.  I’m blaming the dreary January weather and cold.  We did escape the predicted ice and snow last night.  But this morning, the neighborhood cat was so desperate she was licking ice from the frozen birdbath.  How are you (oops, I mean me) supposed to stick to resolutions about clutter and weight loss when I see desperate cats, rather than birds at the birdbath?

The cold dreary weather is enough to make one (That is me.  I suppose it is a bad sign I want to use the second or third person when it comes to these resolutions.) want to sit by the fire and eat bon bons.  But no, I have not been eating bons bons.  

However, in my effort to get rid of the extra cookies from last week, I agreed to bring a dessert to dinner at a friend’s house this week.  But there were not quite enough leftover cookies.  So I had to bake some more.  This time, I baked a more healthful variety: oatmeal, peanut butter, raisin. And I took almost all of them along to the dinner, along with the meringues.  And I ended up coming home with more than a half dozen of my own cookies.  And they were very good.  Crunchy and peanut-buttery.  Just the perfect snack with a cup of tea, coffee, or hot chocolate.  So I guess it is no surprise the scale was not my friend this morning.

Who needs this aggravation?  To hell with the resolutions.  Maybe I will try them again in July when I am not so depressed from all the gloom outside.  And besides, the rest of the cookies should definitely be gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment