Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Insects

A man and woman in bed, man sitting up, obviously awake. Woman on her side, sleeping.
Man: “Honey, are you awake?”
Woman: “Huh? What?” Pause. “What do you want?”
Man: “Are you awake?”
Woman: “I am now.” Pause. “I was just in the middle of a dream. It was so real. I was playing an insect on stage.”
Man: “What did it sound like?”
Woman: “What did what sound like?”
Man: “Playing an insect. Is it like a trombone, or more like a violin?”
Woman: “I wasn’t playing a musical instrument. I was an actor, playing an insect, on stage.”
Man: “Oh.” pause. “So, if you are awake when are you getting up to make breakfast?”
Woman: “How about some grass?”
Woman gets out of bed and starts to pull up grass from around the bed.’
Man: “We had that yesterday.”

No comments:

Post a Comment